The first Full Tilt Online Poker Series (FTOPS) since Black Friday is now in the books and the tournament series came back in a big way, with millions of dollars in prizes awarded, big name poker pros in the winner’s circle, and solid attendance numbers throughout the two-week tournament series. Here is a look at the highlights from the 35-event series that concluded this past Sunday.
- Event #1 saw the second largest field of the series when 5,482 players registered for the $200 NLHE reentry tournament. The winner of the first FTOPS event since early 2011 was “doneNdusted84” who pocketed over $187k for the victory.
- Event #17 saw 6,106 players register, the largest field of the series, and the first $100,000 first-place prize awarded since Event #1, to “DrewAce34” who bested Keven “Stamdogg” Stammen heads-up for the title.
- Event #18 saw the first big name player capture an FTOPS XXI win, as Dani “Ansky451” Stern won the $300 NLHE Multi-entry tournament and walked away with $193,528.50.
- Event #19 saw another well-known pro in the winner’s circle, Bill Gazes, who captured the $240 PLO8 Knockout title, worth nearly $20,000.
- Event #20 was the third in a row that went to big named poker pros, as Tayloe “Ambiguosity” Paur bested a field of 387 players in the $1,000 buy-in NLHE tournament, adding close to $75,000 to his poker bankroll.
- Event #28 saw Canadian poker pro Mike “goleafsgoeh” Leah pickup nearly $20,000 for his win over a field of 245 players in the $300 Razz tournament.
- Event #31 was a two-day High-Roller tournament with a buy-in of $2,000. When all was said and done a total of 699 players had registered for the multi-entry tournament, creating a massive prize-pool of just under $1.4 million. The winner of the event was “A__theKevlar__2” who picked-up a quarter of a million dollars for the victory.
- In Event #33 Kevin “-1sickdisease-” Eyster won his second tournament of the series (he also triumphed in Event #25, a $300 PLO tournament) by winning the $100 NLHE RUSH tournament. Eyster’s win put his series earnings past the $100k mark.
- Event #34, a $240 6-Max Knockout tournament saw a massive filed of over 4,000 players, and in the end it was “ronnyr37617” who captured the first-place prize of $142,609.60.
- Event #35, the Main Event, was a $600 buy-in NLHE event that attracted a field of 4,766 players, creating a prize-pool of nearly $3 million. The first-place prize of $453,229.40 went to “yadio1111”, who bested a final table that included Sorel “Imper1um” Mizzi and “Zugwat” on his way to victory.
Here is a look at the Top 10 players on the FTOPS XXI leader-board from the Full Tilt Poker website, which was won by “CallyouDown”:
Want to know whats new in the world of poker? Check our News Section for updates, its updated daily!
200% up to $2000 + $25 FREE BONUS
Titan Poker Bonus Code: TP2000
Titan Poker Coupon Code