If you haven’t glanced at the online poker traffic numbers provided by PokerScout.com in a while you might be asking yourself what is going on with the US market. Bovada is now the #1 online poker room in the US market according to PokerScout.com, and Merge and Revolution are battling for the #2 spot, whereas just six months ago Revolution was easily holding the #1 spot, followed by Merge and then Bodog.
It’s been a terrible past couple of months for the Revolution Network, which now finds itself in a virtual tie with the Merge Gaming Network for the title of the second largest online poker provider in the US. Bodog (under the banner of Bovada) is leading the US market when it comes to traffic with near-double the amount at either Revolution or Merge according to PokerScout.com.
While second place is normally a decent place to be, Revolution has seen traffic fall nearly 50% in the past couple months as the network has been the target for numerous criticisms, most of which focusing on the slow withdrawal times from the network which have stretched to three and four months. At one point they were the #1 online poker provider in the US, and were crushing Merge Gaming after one of their flagship skins, BlackChipPoker, jumped from Merge Gaming to the Winning Poker Network. But now the two networks have seen their roles reversed, as Merge Gaming is hanging on strong to its player base, while Revolution has seen its numbers plummet.
The recipient of Revolution’s slide is not really apparent just yet, Bodog has seen a marginal increase in their traffic numbers, while the Merge Gaming Network and the Winning Poker Network have held fairly steady.
Soon we will also see the impact of Ultimate Poker’s launch in Nevada on the US traffic numbers, and as more and more rooms come online in the now regulated market it could wreak real havoc on the remaining offshore sites that are still operating in the US. Currently the site is tracking just below Seals with Clubs in PokerScout’s reports, not quite the massive debut people were hoping for.
Here is a look at the US online poker provider traffic rankings according to PokerScout.com (as of 5/1/2013):
- Bodog/Bovada: Worldwide rank #11 – 7-Day Rolling Average of 1,100 cash-game players
- Revolution Gaming Network: Worldwide rank #14 – 7-Day Rolling Average of 680 cash-game players
- Merge Gaming Network: Worldwide rank #15 – 7-Day Rolling Average of 670 cash-game players
- Winning Poker Network: Worldwide rank #27 – 7-Day Rolling Average of 245 cash-game players
- Chico Poker Network: Worldwide rank #31 – 7-Day Rolling Average of 210 cash-game players
- Seals With Clubs: Worldwide Rank #42 – 7-Day Rolling Average of 84 cash-game players
- Ultimate Poker: Worldwide rank #43 – 7-Day Rolling Average of 75 cash-game players
Join the elite club of online poker players! Get Titan Poker VIP now!
200% up to $2000 + $25 FREE BONUS
Titan Poker Bonus Code: TP2000
Titan Poker Coupon Code