At every World Series of Poker a few players indelibly leave their mark on the summer poker series, and this year was no exception. Out of all the competitors and the entire list of WSOP bracelet winners, the following five people were in my opinion the best of the best:
- Dan Kelly
- David “Bakes” Baker
- Tom Schneider
- Marco Johnson
- Matthew Ashton
In this series I will give a little back-story to each of these players and detail their accomplishments during the 2013 WSOP, with David “Bakes” Baker the next player on the list.
Confusion reigned in the poker world for many years until easily identifying the two David Baker’s could be sorted. The answer to the problem was simple: Nicknames. David “Bakes” Baker definitely got the better of the deal, as David “ODB” Baker didn’t even really get a nickname, more of an acronym – ODB stands for Old David Baker.
Last year both David Bakers had tremendous World Series of Poker tournament series, but this year it was David “Bakes” Baker who stole the show, cashing eight times, with five Top 10 finishes. Since 2009 Bakes has been one of the most consistent players at the WSOP (remember that for your WSOP fantasy team next year) never cashing less than four times, and making at least one final table every year since 2010.
The two-time bracelet winner is one of the most underrated tournament poker players in the game amongst casual poker fans, but amongst his peers he is definitely a feared player, capable of playing every game and tournament format well, evidenced by his cashes in seven different formats this year:
- Event #5 $2,500 Omaha/Seven Card Stud Hi/Lo: 19th place for $6,551
- Event #9 $3,000 No Limit Hold’em – Shootout: 6th place for $51,997
- Event #13 $5,000 Seven Card Stud Hi/Lo: 4th place for $79,078
- Event #17 $1,500 No Limit Hold’em: 8th place for $49,716
- Event #39 $1,500 Seven Card Stud Hi/Lo: 38th place for $3,743
- Event #43 $10,000 2-7 Lowball: 2nd place for$156,674
- Event #48 $2,500 Limit Hold’em – 6 Handed: 10th place for $14,404
- Event #52 $25,000 No Limit Hold’em – 6 Handed: 15th place for $53,781
During the course of the 2013 WSOP Bakes has pocketed over $400,000.
Check out all the latest online poke news only at Titan Poker News section.
200% up to $2000 + $25 FREE BONUS
Titan Poker Bonus Code: TP2000
Titan Poker Coupon Code