If you’re new in this card game, you may be confused by some of the terminology used in poker game. It is normal for a beginner, it can be learned easily. Poker language is not that difficult to understand. So here are some pokers terms that often use by poker players.
General Poker terms or language
- Pot – it is the amount of the money that can be won in a given poker hand.
- Dealer button – it is a plastic disk use as a marker that indicates which player is the dealer for the current hand.
- Poker blinds – blinds are forced bets from one or more players, depending on what game you’re playing. There are two kinds of blinds small blinds and big blinds.
- Antes – these are similar to blinds except that everyone at the table must pay them. It is a forced bet for everyone, but the amount is much smaller than the blinds.
- Flop – the first three community cards, put out face up all together.
- All-in – to run out of chips while betting or calling.
- Slow play – to play a strong hand weakly so more players will stay in the pot.
- Kicker – when two players have identical poker hands or two pairs and both pairs are the same.
- Betting actions – this includes folding or pass, betting, calling or agree, raising or agree without raising the bet and checking.
- Under the gun – this is the position to the left of the big blind which acts first before board cards are dealt.
- Underdog – referred to a hand not mathematically favored to win a pot.
You may not have all the poker language for the first game but with the help of these terms you should have an easier time entering the world of poker.
200% up to $2000 + $25 FREE BONUS
Titan Poker Bonus Code: TP2000
Titan Poker Coupon Code